Tangie Conditioner Bars also give you versatility. Unlike its bottled predecessor, a zero waste conditioner bar can be used in several ways. Use as an In-Shower Bar, In-Shower Spray or Leave-In Conditioner. Many people only apply the conditioner bar to the ends of their hair, so try that too. You may not need to apply conditioner near your scalp.
HOW TO SOFTEN THE BAR.
- Place one conditioner bar inside a lidded container.
- Fill with a few ounces of water to cover the bar, let sit for 24 hours, flipping over half way through for each side of the bar to soak up water.
- The bar will plump up in size and will be soft, like the texture of cream cheese.
- The more water you use, the larger and softer the bar gets.
- After the initial soak, you can easily adjust the water to bring the bar to a softness you like best.
- Use a container that is wider than the bar to accommodate the increase in bar size and for you to be able to easily remove it once softened.
- This bar will last you for months, even with regular use.
HOW TO LIQUIFY THE BAR:
There are two ways to get to this result.
- Cut the bar into 8 pie shaped pieces. Drop 2 pieces into your spray bottle and fill with 8 ounces of water. Let sit until completely dissolved. Shake as needed to help the piece break apart. Takes 2-3 days.
- In a small pan, add 8 ounces of water, add one piece of conditioner bar, heat water until hot. Boiling water is NOT necessary. Stir until completely dissolved. It takes about 5 minutes. Cool then pour liquid into your spray bottle.
PRO TIP: For a thicker conditioner to pour into your hand, instead of spraying, add one more piece of conditioner bar to the steps listed above. Dissolve as many pieces as you like to get the consistency you prefer.
A good hair care routine will strengthen your hair shaft, helping to prevent split ends and breakage.
Zero waste conditioner bar uses
Apply after shampooing your hair, rub the conditioner bar directly onto your strands in a downward motion. Leave it on your hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing it off
Liquify the bar and pour into your own spray bottle. Let set on your hair for a minute or two, then rinse.
On damp or dry hair, apply a bit of the softened conditioner bar using your fingers and apply to hair or just tips to tame frizz For deep conditioning, add a thick layer to all your hair, leave in for 20-30 minutes then rinse.
We searched everywhere for some solid stats of how many plastic conditioner bottles are discarded each year. We could not find a definitive number but we did find this stat about Johnson & Johnson, one of the big players in the haircare industry.
23.53 million Americans used Johnson’s Baby Shampoo in 2020.
Now, think about the other products J & J sells in plastic bottles.
Now, think about the brands you know selling conditioner in plastic bottles.
Now, include the number of conditioner bottles used by hotels.
It doesn’t take a mathematician to figure out the number of discarded plastic conditioner bottles is staggering!
Making the simple swap from conventional bottled conditioner to a zero waste conditioner bar has huge impacts. Now, imagine if all your friends made the swap, then all their friends made the swap.
Then one day, all the companies selling hair care products in plastic bottles feel the pressure to stop bottling in plastic.That will be a great day … and that day is coming! The fact that you are reading this and seeking plastic-free alternatives is proof these changes are already taking place. So, we thank you for taking the leap to this easy swap!
- Solid makes it the perfect travel hair care option. No worries about getting through airport security with a conditioner bar. Carry it in a tin can or soap bag for a plastic-free travel experience.
- Small round shape makes it easy to hold in the palm of your hand.
- The compact size takes very little space in your shower or luggage.
- Available in multiple scents to please most noses.
We chose to use behentrimonium methosulfate in the ingredients as the plant-based emulsifier. It is derived from Brassica napus Linnaeus, also known as rapeseed. We know words that are hard to pronounce can be intimidating, but be assured we always strive to make our waste free products without any harmful chemicals or toxins.
Here is some science of Behentrimonium Methosulfate:
It is a quaternary ammonium salt. Generally found in hair conditioners to provide anti-static properties and as a conditioning agent. DO NOT confuse Behentrimonium Methosulfate with Behentrimonium Chloride, which is toxic.
Behentrimonium Methosulfate is an example of an quaternary ammonium ingredient that contains the sulfate compound (SO42-), but due to it being a cationic surfactant, the chemical process to produce this ingredient is less irritating and creates a more neutral/stable compound. As a matter of fact, this particular ingredient has the ability to impart some great conditioning properties to the hair by increasing slip and aiding in closing the cuticle, due to its cationic nature. This is just one example of a no-no ingredient that has some beneficial attributes, when used in the right context.
UPC: different for each scent
SKU: different for each scent
- Are you stronger than your hair? Probably not! A full head of healthy hair gathered together can support 23 tonnes of weight.
- We prefer redheads! The average number of hairs on the human scalp is 120,000, but natural blondes tend to have more, redheads less. This is because blonde hair is usually finer than densely pigmented hair, meaning there is room on the scalp for more of them.
- Adding conditioners to your scalp or the roots of your hair can clog your follicles and slow hair growth. Apply conditioner to the hair starting from the mid-point down to the bottom of your hair.