Your natural and vegan shampoo & conditioner bars
Hair care should feel luxurious, be easy to use and free of chemicals. You get all that with Tangie shampoo & conditioner bars plus…
- The bar is better for the environment. One bar can eliminate 3-5 plastic bottles.
- Compact and perfect for travel. No leakproof container needed. TSA-approved.
- Easy to travel with as they are not bulky, saving you space in your suitcase.
- Phosphate Free, Chemical Free, Plastic Free, and Made in the USA (from the Sunshine State, baby!)
For those eco-warrior types (like our founder), if looking to ditch those annoying plastic bottles and packaging is your thing, you will LOVE that both the shampoo and conditioner bar comes package free!
We need to use a thin paper wrap for shipping but there will be no product packaging waste beyond that! It is packaged in the smallest wrapper* we could make for it because we hate waste – just a reminder in case we failed to mention our disdain for excessive product packaging waste yet. 🙂
The paper wrapper can be composted in a home composter, shoved into a hole in the ground or tucked into a flowerpot. Since the wrapper is made from paper, it can also be placed in your paper recycling bin.
* We are always looking for ways to reduce our packaging for it to have the least impact on our environment. Product packaging shown in the images may be different than the actual packaging you receive.
We are so confident you will love using our Winter Spa Collection shampoo & conditioner bar, we offer a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. We want you to love using Tangie products but if you do not, YOU have three options:
- Call us and let us try to help you use the product to its best ability.
- Request a different Tangie product. No cost to you at all.
- Get your money back.**
WE ask two things:
- Tell us what you don’t like about the product, so we can work on improvements.
- Pay It Forward: Give the unused portion of your product to someone who wants to use natural products or reduce their plastic waste. We do not want you to spend your time and resources shipping it back.
** We will refund the product price you paid, not the shipping costs. We wish we could afford to refund the entire amount, but it is not feasible for us as a growing company to refund shipping costs. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Good Ingredients Matter
Most of these ingredients can be found in traditional shampoo and conditioners. Be aware and decide which you will choose not to use on your hair. At Tangie, we choose to NOT not use any of these ingredients!
- SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES are exempt from labeling requirements and regarded as “trade secrets”. There is no way to determine what the individual ingredients are and may include phthalates. These have been linked with aggravation of asthma, headaches, allergic reactions and possible long term central nervous system disorders.
- PARABENS Found in many cosmetics as a preservative. Suspected link between parabens and breast cancer. Be sure to avoid deodorant containing parabens since it’s applied close to the breast area, every day for many, many years.
- SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (SLS)/SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (SLES) There are nearly 16,000 studies in the PubMed science library about the toxicity of this chemical that can be found on the SLS page on Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) website. It is present in nearly all shampoos, scalp treatments, hair color and bleaching agents, toothpastes, body washes and cleansers, make-up foundations, liquid hand soaps, and laundry detergents. Although SLS originates from coconuts, the chemical is anything but natural.
- 1,4-DIOXANE Any discussion of SLS/SLES must include a discussion of 1,4 dioxane because the manufacturing process of SLS/SLES results in its being contaminated with 1,4 dioxane—a known carcinogen. (NOT to be confused with Dioxin)
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL is Primarily used as a solvent and an aid to absorption through the skin. The main concerns are that this material may be a primary skin irritant and there are possible links to liver abnormalities and kidney damage.
- TRICLOSAN Primarily added to cosmetics as an anti-bacterial agent. It belongs to a class of chemicals known as chlorophenols and is suspected of causing cancer in humans.
- PHOSPHATES Phosphorous is like a fertilizer in our water system. It increases algae and aquatic weed growth, the oxygen needed for healthy fish and aquatic life is depleted.
I am not promising you a Rapunzel head of hair. What I do promise is that Tangie will be your partner in a better hair care routine that does more than just add value to your head. We can and want to give you added value through product education, and waste reduction, while helping you grow your confidence about the ingredient you choose in the areas that matter to you. Let us be your eco-guide throughout your home, starting at your top.
Our luxurious and effective shampoo & conditioner bars will clean your hair leaving it soft and manageable. It is 100 percent vegan with plant-based ingredients, cruelty-free certified by Leaping Bunny and handmade with love. I can’t help mentioning the good ingredients thing – again. It really is important! I believe what goes in and around the body affects the body, so let’s make it a positive effect.
PS – Tangie shampoo bars contain no phosphates, dyes, or artificial fragrance. Not sending these types of ingredients down the drain is better for our oceans and water supply… and who doesn’t like water!?